Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Change of Plans (I know.. I've had this title before)

So as you know, we were hoping to be in Florida this week or next for the reversal of my ostomy.  They first required a contrast cat scan so they could see what's going on.  I went and had the CT done on Friday at Chicago.  Unfortunately on Friday night we received bad news.  There seems to be around 10 or so nodules in my lungs.  Also several lymph nodes appear to be enlarged in my abdomen, but we're not sure now if those are cancerous or not.  
For now we wait to hear different plans and options from our doctors.  We will weigh out the options from Chicago, and Miami.  We are also still in contact with doctors from MD Anderson in Texas if necessary.
I want to say thanks to everyone for the continuing support.  I also want to thank the Interact Club at GBS.  Mr. Lyon who runs Interact called and said they're having a benefit car wash on Saturday at the Borders in Northbrook (Lake Cook & Waukegan).  The proceeds are going to be split between Relay for Life and my fund I have going.  Thanks to Interact and everyone involved in that.
I will hear more within the week and decide which option seems best.  More to come...

Lots of love,
Sammy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy,
You have been in my thoughts ever since your wedding news in the last post! We are praying for you in LA! Stay tough, cookie!
Love Judie

Unknown said...

Hey Sam!
Just another bump in the road!!!
Hang tough,
we love ya lots!!
Bruce and Margaret
Becky and Eric

Nancy said...

Sam,

Congrats on the wedding... Did not
see where your registered at!
Sorry to hear about the scan.
Hang in there, you will get thru this! Tell your family Hi from us and as always you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love you guys,

Nancy and girls

Nancy said...

Hi

Dolly, Hope you had a great mother's day !!

(sorry it's late)

Nancy

Unknown said...

Hey hun,
It was great seeing u today. Sorry they messed up ur food I yelled at them for you, next time dinner is on me. I hope everything gets better, I've never prayed for any1 but there is always a first time for everything. I definetly will be praying for you. Keep your head up and remeber all the great times we had at corner bakery weren't they just awsome!!! Love you darling!!!!!!!!!