Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vanco = bittersweet med


 Hey everyone!  I got home from the hospital on Tuesday and once again I'm doing the antibiotic vancomiacin (sp?), 'vanco' for short, for 10 days.  They believed that I had another staff infection in my port once again.  They have a kind of 'three strikes you're out' theory with these infections.  I've already had 2 in this port since I got home from Miami.  The high fever is my body telling me whats wrong and it usually always is a positive blood culture.  If it happens again it's 'strike three' and they think that instead of just having coincidental infections, there is bacteria living in the port, so I would have it removed and possibly another put back in.  Hopefully that doesn't happen again.  Last time it happened about a week after I finished the vanco.  The vanco is super easy to administer, because I have a port.  It comes in a pressurized ball smaller than a softball (fastpitch duh) but bigger than a baseball.  All we have to do basically is connect it to my line (with a few other small things.)  I do that twice a day and unfortunately despite the fact that it gets rid of the infection it wears me down.  It has happened before when I'm getting vanco.  Small price to pay though.  So enough of the non-imortant news....HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS?!?!  I'm accepting wedding gifts for me and Jonathan Toews if anyone was wondering.  The picture at the top is courtesy of my aunt Cara. Also I love phone calls and text messages but um......not during the Hawks games.  Dad's beard is coming along nicely.  Go hawks.

Lots of love,
  Sammy Toews

p.s. I got in trouble from a previous post.  Alex does NOT, I repeat DOES NOT have morning gas.  That's Tony. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How rude Sammy. I do NOT. That's Bella, and that's true.

Literally,
Tony

Lindsey said...

You two make a damn sexy couple. Where are you registered --or can I just use my imagination...

Jessica said...

TAZER!!!