Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Hi Everyone,

Things have been pretty tough these past few weeks as we were told that the cancer has popped up all over Sam’s lungs. We were days away from returning to Miami and had to cancel our reservations. We were hoping to get the last of the follow up transplant surgeries done while there. Now that will have to wait. Surgery would delay any Chemo options and vise versa.

Since then we have been meeting with doctors here trying to determine what options we now have. We will meet with yet more new doctors this week and we are trying to get a formal consultation at St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis.

Sam will turn 21 this Saturday (May 23) so we hope she would still qualify for the Children’s Hospital. Unless we are requested there at St. Judes, we will be here this weekend, so ALL ARE WELCOME TO STOP BY Saturday to wish Sam a Happy Birthday!! We plan on having family, parents, etc. during the day, and Sammy's younger friends are coming at night.  It will be nice to see everyone again. We'll keep the grill going.  Open House starts at 1, Sammy's friends around 7, but are welcome whenever!

Lots of Love,

Chris & Doll


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey love,
I hope your dr's appointment brings you nothing but good news. I don't know if I told you but I'm going to beauty school in arlington heights. They are having a charity drive for cancer research for the children's memorial hospital on June 19, I don't know if this will help you at all but while I'm helping run this I will be thinking of you. I want to wish you a happy birthday, I know it's a bit early. I'd love to stop by and see you Saturday. We definatly need to get together and remember old times. Good luck with everything darling. Love you.