Monday, October 12, 2009

Dr. Moon Visits!



                                                        (click on a pic to enlarge it)
Hey everyone-
  This weekend I had a super awesome visitor.  I want to warn you now though, as I'm typing this I'm watching a hawks game and I'm not in the happiest mood about it.  Also, I get to blame anger on the steroids I'm on.  So yea!!  Anyways- Dr. Moon who did many of my surgeries in Miami and basically turned me back to me in 6 months came and visited! He had some medical things to do in Chicago and we worked it out that he came and visited at the house!  He is such a great guy I couldn't begin to explain.  You can tell no even by knowing him that he's great just by the fact that you know a surgeon of mine came and visited me across the states!  It was great to see him :)  He is such a great person to talk to, and it was like an old friend was visiting, not somebody who has been elbows deep in my belly! That was maybe a bit much huh? ew, sorry.  Anyways, the first night we had dinner that worked out great - a thank you to HPPD people once again, we had some Maggiano's brought to us that night, yummo!  Perfect timing!  The second night my parents brought Jang to Pizanos (which I personally am not the biggest fan of, I think the crust is oddly buttery), but he got to try some Chicago style pizza :)  Here are a few pictures of the weekend while he was here.  I asked him how to write something for my wall in Korean, and he came up with something pretty cool.  The top part is my name, and under it is a phrase he says is kind of popular right now, slang really.  It means you're cool; you're tough; etc.. so it seemed to fit just right :)   I have one minor mistake on the writing, but you don't know that right? :)  Thanks to Doc Moon for a great weekend!  I also got to see 2 of my girlfriends this weekend which ALWAYS makes me happy.  Spending time with people I love is all I can ask for.  

Medically- oh yea, that's what this is for right?...... Medically ;) we drained some fluid at home for the first time today.  My nurse came out and helped us, which I needed I was (and still am) super nervous that it could spread infection.  Really its a risk just like the other lines I have, but I was just nervous that it could easily not be sterile.  We seemed to do okay today, and I believe we will continue to do the same.  Unfortunately when you're at home you can't really drain too much at a time, because there's a risk your blood pressure could drop fast and you're not in the best place if that happens and you're at home.  In the outpatient place I did about 4 liters both times, but at home I can do 1.  It still helps things, so we'll probably do this for a few days to help.  I think thats all I can type for now, the game is giving me road finger rage. rarrr!!

Still- I always send lots and lots of love :)

Sammy

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Sammy,

Glad you have such a wonderful weekend! and the Hawks won !!!

I hope you gave Dr Moon a big hug from all of us!

Love ya,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sammy, etal.........
Prayers and love A L W A Y S
to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Sammy,
You are so beautiful to me! It is great to hear from you. All our love to you,

Judie and Luca

Unknown said...

I hope that final score made your day - 6-5. Wow. They came through for you.

Unknown said...

Sam

How great to have Dr. Moon visit. He seems like a super awesome doc. You and your family look great! Sending lots of love from Memphis.

Marcjana and family

Kelly McCoy said...

Hi Sammy,

My name is Kelly McCoy and I am a good friend of Ker Jevne's (who is a good friend of Jen Mosher's) and I have been visiting your site weekly (sometimes more) for at least a year. Although I have never met you I hold my breath every time I check your blog - always praying for a new update and good news. You are such an amazing girl and have touched me in ways you could never imagine. You make me cherish every day and continually work on being a better friend, mother and wife. I have wanted to write something for so long but really didn't know what to say but I just have to tell you how amazing, strong, inspiring, funny etc... you are... truly a tough cookie!!

All my best,

Kelly
Edina, MN

Lisa said...

Sammy, YOU ARE ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY THE COOLEST CHICK EVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy,

You don't know me, but I also had a transplant 3 years ago- a multivisceral transplant. I just wanted to say that Dr. Moon is an amazing doctor and friend! I keep in touch with him all the time- he is definitely in your corner!
Keep your spirits up and I will keep you in my prayers:)

Michelle

Syndy Nugent said...

www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=153372855376&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=298091965376&ref=mf

from my son Alex -
for your listening enjoyment.

an HPPD friend